Need help with math functions - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Need help with math functions

tolik212
on August 8th 2008

Hello,

Can I to use functions like SINE, COSINE, ROOT, PI, ^, etc. while parameterizeing coordinates ? Which functions are supported now ?

Vlasta
on August 8th 2008

yes, you can use a couple of predefined functions: sin(x), cos(x), tg(x), pow(x, y) + conditional expressions

List of available operators is in the Parameterized Objects tutorial.

tolik212
on August 9th 2008

Thank you Vlasta,
I think that root function will be fine addition... A lot of geometry formulas are contain it.

Vlasta
on August 9th 2008

Did you mean square root? It is possible to do that with pow(x, 0.5)

Or did you mean finding roots of a polynomial expression? That would be more complex, but still doable with the conditional statement.

tolik212
on August 9th 2008

Yes, I`m about square root, so, ROOT^X=POW(a,1/X).
My mine problem is that I regular to work with simple 2D sketches of Solidworks, where determination of coordinates of points, applying & measuring dimensions much more simple. I`m about SMART DIMENTION, & RULER functions - these are wery helpful, & I miss them in your 3D module. But I found your software very useful & interesting. Generally, I use it to build a photorealistic 3D models for PROTEUS ARES PCB module. The results seems to be amazing good.
By the way, how to switch bfrom radians to degrees in your software ?

Vlasta
on August 9th 2008

OK, thanks for mentioning it. This software has a little bit different usage scenarios, but we will keep the ruler functions in mind when making new versions.

tolik212
on August 9th 2008

I noticed that while I`m trying to calculate sin or cos, the result looks like angle given in radians,- sin(45) returning 0.851 instead 0.707. How to switch from radians to degrees input in your software ? Or I should to go with sin((PI/180)*angle deg) I think that in such case adding Pi constant will be fine also.

By the way, you much faster with help than representatives of some big CAD/CAM companies. It's your big plus :-)

Vlasta
on August 9th 2008

Yes, it is given in radians. Do you have any other suggestions? Update of expressions is scheduled for the next version and any feedback from real world ;-) is welcome.

tolik212
on August 9th 2008

Oh, I can to write Pi in parametrizer & than use it.
I should to learn your 3D module more carefully...

Thank you for all of you help :-) !!!

Page views: 15921       Posts: 9      
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background
What about ICL files?