How Do I ? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

How Do I ?

Assoc. New Custome Icon with PArticular Program ?
Snake
on April 26th 2007

Ok

I can make new custom Icons now, but when I attemp to associate it with say a game like IL-2 Sturmovik and Team speak , which is an exe that starts both at the same time, it works fine.
Now I made a new Icon for a program called Memory Turbo, now when I associate that Icon with Memory turbo it then also asociates the Icon for IL2 also with Memory Turbo.
I am not a PC programmer , nor do I know anything about PC code.
is there an easy way to associate these new custome icons with just indivgual processes?
any help would be appreciated .
Thanks in Advance

Charlie
Elko Nv.

Vlasta
on April 26th 2007

Well, yes and no. By default, Windows displays icons for file types based on their extension. Some file types such as .exe, .ico or .cur can have different icons, which are based on the internal contents of a file.

Icon customizing applications can override the default behavior and can enable different icons for individual files. (RW Icon Editor is an icon creation tool, not a Windows customization tool). If you are running such a customization tool, you'll have to look at its documentation.

If you are not using any icon changers and still want to have custom icons for .exe files, you can use these methods:
1) Create a shortcut and customize its icon from its properties dialog.
2) Replace an icon in an executable file from RW Icon Editor. Before you attempt this method, backup the .exe file in question. There is no undo!

Snake
on April 26th 2007

Thanks

Page views: 1311       Posts: 3      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons