entis cursors--black box when dragging - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

entis cursors--black box when dragging

Anonymous
on April 2nd 2008

I've adopted the Entis cursors from DeviantArt (http://zhorak.deviantart.com/art/Entis-Cursors-58265625). The one problem is that when I drag using the arrow a black box appears around the cursor (presumably the box within which the cursor was constructed). Is there any way to use RWCE to eliminate the box? Thanks!

Vlasta
on April 2nd 2008

I have seen this problem before. Windows tries to modify the cursor when it adds the [+] sign, but it does not work correctly with 32-bit smooth cursors. You can somehow reduce the effects using RWCE, but you'll probably still see a thicker and not smooth outline instead of a box. Open the cursor in RWCE and then save it. If it does not help, select the image (Ctrl+A), cut it (Ctrl+X) and paste it back (Ctrl+V) and then save. You may also need to switch to a different cursor and then back to force Windows to reload the changed cursor.

Anonymous
on April 2nd 2008

Thank you! The trick turned out to be taking an arrow that was already working properly, stripping its image, and pasting the image that I wanted in its place. You are the greatest!

Page views: 3022       Posts: 3      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Select background