Resize and Copy - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Resize and Copy

donbwalker
on November 6th 2006

I don’t see an example for the command line photoresize that does:

Resize all images in a folder to max 90pix wide with aspect the same (create a thumbnail) and put them in another directory lower than the current one.

PhotoresizeW90.exe –o does not seem to do anything.

The file PhotoresizeW90.exe resides in the same folder as the larger images and the sub folder is called \thumbs which is a subfolder off of that one.

I created a batch file that runs the photoresizeW90.exe –o

Thanks for any help.

Vlasta
on November 6th 2006

The -o switch just prevents the final message (and allows customizing the output), but maybe you forgot to specify the actual files. Beside the options, the command line must also specify the files or folders to resize.

I presume, that using . (dot) to indicate that you want to resize images in the current folder should be enough. But it may interfere with your second requirement - putting the images into a subdirectory. The -c switch puts the files into current directory instead of to the directory with source images. If you make the thumbs directory current and then resize all images in parent directory using .. , it should work. The -r switch should also be present to prevent the tool to also attempt to resize images in the thumbs folder.

To sum it up, if you have a .bat file, it should look like this:

cd thumbs
PhotoResizeW90.exe -o -c -r ..

thumbs subdirectory must already exist and the directory with images must be the current directory of the process.

Hope that helps

Page views: 1382       Posts: 2      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background