cursor draw, fill - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

cursor draw, fill

color issue
asherbut
on March 1st 2007

I am running xp media center (brand new computer). I checked my color settings on my system before downloading. They are 32 bit. So I downloaded the 32 bit file. But when I open a cursor to try to edit, color won't draw or fill, I just get different shaded dots. When creating a new cursor, works fine. So I thought I might need the 64 bit (perhaps cursors I was trying to edit were created in 64 bit), but when I try to download, it says my system won't support installation file. And any cursor I try to edit produces the same result. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vlasta
on March 1st 2007

The 32-bit and 64-bit editions are for different processors and the 32-bit version is the one you need.

Anyway, cursors can be in different format and the format determines the number of colors and the size of the cursor file in kilobytes.

You have probably opened a cursor in a format that only allows few colors and the application is trying its best to represent the color you are trying to use with the colors available. I would recommend to open the cursor, then insert a new image in 32 color depth, copy contents of the old image to the inserted one and the delete the old image from the cursor.

asherbut
on March 2nd 2007

This worked wonderfully. Thank you very much!

Page views: 1377       Posts: 3      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background