Another Beginner - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Another Beginner

Information
mothegrass
on September 10th 2006

I have not long purchased RWIE and have created some excellent graphics with it but I do have a couple of points I would like to make.

First, none of the parameters in the Tree View are named so you have to guess at what they apply to, some annotation would be nice.
Second, there is no reference to what the sliders at the top of the Tree View do. As their action changes as different components are selected in the Tree View maybe a popup could appear when the mouse hovers over these sliders similar to toolbar help.

Brgds.

Vlasta
on September 11th 2006

Thanks for your post, it is most appreciated.

We are aware that the 3D editing and rendering is not as user-friendly as it could be. Impovements are already on their way, though probably only some of them will make it to the autumn/winter build of RW Icon Editor.

A long-term plan is to make the tree-view only accessible to more advanced users and let common actions take place in less confusing environment.

mothegrass
on September 11th 2006

Hi,

My point was not that it was confusing but that there was a lack of information regarding the numerical input and the detail on the slider controls. Even the tutorials that use the numerical input extensivly don't discribe what the numbers are actually controlling.

Brgds.

Vlasta
on September 11th 2006

<p>Aha, I see, OK - the explanation of the numbers is a bit complicated, but we'll try to incorporate a couple of useful hints.</p>
<p>Right now, there is a bit of information about NURBS surfaces on <a href="/NURBS">our web</a> or elsewhere, for example on <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NURBS">wikipedia</a>.</p>

mothegrass
on September 11th 2006

Thanks for the links, they are most helpful.

Brgds.

Page views: 1301       Posts: 5      
Select background
Vista & Win 7 icons
I wish there were...