Activation Animation - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Activation Animation

GM3Gunner
on November 28th 2009

I am new to the whole concept of building my own cursor. I already made the animation that I want, but I don't want it running constantly. I only want it to animate when I "Click" or "Double-Click" on something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The solution is probably really simple, I may not know the proper term for what I am looking for.

Feel free to respond directly to my e-mail, since I check it constantly: bfoster5@angelo.edu.

Thanks a lot!

Vlasta
on November 28th 2009

An easy solution actually does not exist. Windows .ani files always run in loops.

If you install a third party replacement for the cursor (CursorFX), you'll have more options - I believe you can set a different cursor when the mouse button is pressed. Though I do not think there is a native run-once on click support.

GM3Gunner
on November 28th 2009

Hmmm...the cursor I have already made doesn't make sense unless it works just the way it's intended. It has to stay stationary until the mouse is clicked, then loops once and only once. I guess I'll keep searching for a means of getting the results I want. With technology of today, It should be easy to program. Alas, I'm no programmer.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll check back periodically.

Vlasta
on November 28th 2009

The problem is that the part of Windows responsible for cursor is not replaced easily. Even the CursorFX solution just hides the cursor and uses a semitransparent window as a replacement.

Page views: 1129       Posts: 4      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Select background