Program issue - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Program issue

i have an odd problem that i can't seem to fix
usafskyman
on June 6th 2010

I have Real World Cursor Editor and when I go to start it, everything is fine. I navigate to the "create" tab without an issue yet when I click "New mouse cursor" the window is not right. The blackish grid where you are supposed to create the cursor never shows up. Instead, there is just what seems like a portion of the previous window...like I can still see the parts of the window from the create tab where the cursor creation area should be. If anyone could assist me in solving this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Using:
Windows Vista X64

Vlasta
on June 6th 2010

Did the application work in the past on the same computer (and the same Windows)?

Anonymous
on June 6th 2010

No, this is the first time using the program, it has done this since the very first run of the application.

PS, thanks for the fast reply :-)

Vlasta
on June 6th 2010

I have heard about similar problem on a 64bit Vista or Win 7...

If you can see them, please try moving one of the splitters (lines between sub-windows.

usafskyman
on June 6th 2010

WOW! Problem solved, that is all it took. I just slid the bar with frame properties and the grid appeared and is working fine. Thanks for your help and sorry to trouble you with such a silly question! I appreciate your fast reply and knowledge about the subject. Have a great day!

Vlasta
on June 6th 2010

It was not a silly question :-). Thanks for reporting it, actually. I'll post here when the issue is solved and an fix is available. (I am afraid you'll need to resize the sub-windows each time until that time.)

usafskyman
on June 6th 2010

Yep, I do have to re-size every time, but I think I will survive. I am just happy that it is working. I will be camping for the next few days... I will check back for a fix periodically. Thanks again!

Vlasta
on June 11th 2010

I did some testing and research and the problems turned out to be caused a Windows "limitation" (that's what Microsoft calls it, my term would be "outrageous error"). Apparently, when there are too many nested windows, the internal ones do not receive the message telling them to re-size themselves. The definition of "too many" is vague and the exact number is lower on 64-bit systems, because the 64-bit pointers take up more space.

Author of a different application facing similar problem recommended to turn off Aero and use the classic Windows look.

As for the fix, I am unsure when it will be available. It requires a relatively drastic changes in dealing with window resizing.

Page views: 14776       Posts: 8      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background