Specify file to process using -z but in multiple folders - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Specify file to process using -z but in multiple folders

Resize all my folder.jpgs in their respected movie folder
Modify_inc
on May 21st 2011

Wow was really impressed with this s/w so much so that I have spent an hour trying to get it to work for my needed task. Usually I just say screw it, and try to find something else, but I really thought this app had potential and so stuck with it. Unfortunately I just found out though, by design this app currently cannot do what I've been trying to get it do. What I'm trying to do will not work until the next version is released from what I was told, so I'm curious when that might be?

For now though, does anyone know of a temp workaround?

This is what I'm trying to accomplish :-)

Resize all my folder.jpg files that are in sub-folders of my movie folder, and keep the original name. I got it to work but I can't seem to get it to only resize the "folder.jpg" files. It wants to resize all the jpegs in all those subfolders. I tried the switch -z (specify file to process), but now I can't get it to do anything, or it just doesn't work with -r (subfolders when using -z).

photoresize -w299 -zfolder.jpg -i -c -r -q90

Vlasta (2011-05-21 19:30:45):

Unfortunately, in the current version, the filter specified with -z also applies to folder names and so it does not work well with with -r.

The behavior will be changed in the next version to only apply to files.

Vlasta
on May 21st 2011

OK, since you really seem to want it, here is a prerelease version with this fix and some other changes: PhotoResize400.exe

Use it with caution, it was not tested properly.

Anonymous
on May 22nd 2011

thank you so much!!

Page views: 9305       Posts: 3      
I wish there were...
Select background
What about ICL files?