RW Paint Support - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RW Paint Support

jojois74
on September 2nd 2011

When you press the support by voting for paint in the application, the link does not work right. I get an error page.

Vlasta
on September 2nd 2011

Fixed that, thanks.

emmi59
on October 22nd 2011

While RW Paint is a great tool, I am wondering how it might be possible to tell the program to memorize the settings for the display of the "Explorer window" at the "Open" view. Everytime I return to this screen my previously made selections (sort order, e.g. "by modification date" and view, e.g. "large symbols") are reverted to what might be the programs defaults. This is annoying because I have a lot (really!) of images and it is hard to pick the right ones for editing from the default view. What is the trick? Please don´t tell me that there is none...
Thank you in advance.

Vlasta
on October 22nd 2011

At least the view type should be permanent (if you choose it via the button in the upper right corner). For the sort order, I am afraid, it uses the defaults (I'll try to fix that).

Maybe the best advice for now would be to not use the Open view, but use normal Explorer and either drag and drop the files to open them, or associate RWPaint with the file type (via Tools->File associations...) and open them by double-clicking them.

A revamp of the opening is planned, but I am not sure when I get to it.

emmi59
on October 22nd 2011

Thank you for the quick response. You are right that the view type remains. I mixed this up with the (Windows 7) options of small, medium, large and extra large symbols, which is not permanent, since it is not selectable from the button up right (may be this menu can be extended). With regard to the sort order, the possibility to filter by name, date or size ranges is a good help (would be a great idea for the Windows Explorer. Have you ever talked to Microsoft about it?)...
RW Paint is a great piece of software, escpecially its UI is extraordinary well done.

Anonymous
on December 3rd 2011

Help! I have a .jpg file and a .gif file that have a nice image but it's on a white background with a square that I want to remove (i.e. I want the image to be able to superimpose on a coloured banner as if it had a transparent background, not the white square. The cropped images will go into a web page.

What tool should I download? Picture Resizer or RW Paint, to crop out the background and save the cropped version? Also, I watched a demo of how to crop using the icon tool, so is THAT the tool I should download? What format does it save the icon as and can it be pasted into a web site? Ultimately, I'm looking for the highest quality possible to make a clean looking web page with decent images. Any help would be appreciated!! Regards, Navmember

Vlasta
on December 3rd 2011

The tutorial demonstrates how to use the icon editor, but you only need to perform the first part so RW Paint is enough for you. The tools are the same.

Page views: 9874       Posts: 7      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background