forcing both width and height - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

forcing both width and height

johnp12
on February 20th 2012

Hello,

I was trying to resize using photoresize430x272.exe
I had a canon camera and a nikon camera. what I found was that
the result of the resizing was sometimes 272x430 and other times 272x416.
I think it was different based on the camera it came from.

Do I have the exe file named correctly? I want to force both the width and height so that all pics are always the same size.??

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

John

johnp12
on February 20th 2012

I want to add 1 more thing as to what we are trying to do...
Lets say I have 2 people taking photos ,one has auto rotate on and the other has auto rotate off.

I want to resize all photos to a specific width and depth (ie. each photo when done should have the exact same dimensions)

Is this possible?

It seems that if auto rotate is on on camera and off on the the other, of of the 2 will be screwed up if they both go through the same resize command (photoresize430x272)

does that make sense?

Thanks

John

Vlasta
on February 20th 2012

First, please make sure you have the latest version. A bug was fixed not long ago.

Other than that if you use the plain PhotoResize430x272.exe without any additional options, it should always create exactly a 430x272 image (eventually distorting aspect ratio, but compensating by setting different resolutions in each direction). You may want to use the crop or extend canvas modes instead to avoid this.

If you are still experiencing problems with an image, please send the problematic one to info@rw-designer.com

johnp12
on February 20th 2012

thanks. I should have the latest version as I just downloaded it about 2 weeks ago.

1 other question...

Lets say I have 2 people taking photos ,one has auto rotate on and the other has auto rotate off.

I want to resize all photos to a specific width and depth (ie. each photo when done should have the exact same dimensions)

Is this possible?

It seems that if auto rotate is on on camera and off on the the other, of of the 2 will be screwed up if they both go through the same resize command (photoresize430x272)

does that make sense?

Vlasta
on February 20th 2012

The update was posted on February 13th, so you may want to re-download just to be sure.

Regarding the auto-rotation... Cameras may either simply save the value from the orientation sensor into an EXIF tag (most cameras do this) or it may produce a physically rotated image (very rare case).

PhotoResize430x272.exe is not affected by the auto-rotation flag. It simply takes photo with any dimensions and produces a 430x272 pixels image changing the aspect ratio. If the original picture were for example 2000x3000 pixels, it will be distorted because 430/272 is very different from 2000/3000.

I do not know your scenario, but as I said above, I would recommend to resize and crop (or extend canvas of) the picture to maintain aspect ratio with PhotoResizeA430x272.exe or PhotoResize430x272x9.exe

The tool can also do the rotation for you (read the value from the sensor and rotate the image if needed) to produce correct thumbnails (if that is your goal).

Page views: 10248       Posts: 5      
You cannot reply to this topic.
I wish there were...
Select background
What about ICL files?