Index numbers for .ani frames? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Index numbers for .ani frames?

Wisewiz
on December 14th 2012

I've been splicing .ani cursors and static cursors to create new .anis, and I think I've got the technique down pat, but I would really like to see the frames indexed (numbered) to make keeping track of them easier. FI, if I have an .ani with 18 frames, I can make 17 copies of the original static cursor, and then cut, copy, paste, and position-the-copy from frame to frame, but I find that it's fairly easy to forget to move to the right next-frame without any numbering visible anywhere. Any chance of getting numbered frames in a future version?

Wisewiz
To those with no knowledge of computing, those with even a little knowledge seem like wizards.

Vlasta
on December 15th 2012

I guess it may be possible. In your opinion, what would be the best place to display the frame number?

Wisewiz
on December 16th 2012

Thanks, Vlasta. How about in the Frame Properties panel, just to the right of the words "Frame Properties"? It could say "Frame Properties (F1) or (F1 of 15)" for instance.

If not there, how about increasing the vertical distance between the first and second rows of frame thumbnails at the bottom of the screen a little, and putting (F1 of 15), (F2 of 15), etc. underneath the time (2 [s/60]) statement? That might make it easier to use when editing each of the frames of a long animation.

Wisewiz
To those with no knowledge of computing, those with even a little knowledge seem like wizards.

Page views: 2078       Posts: 3      
What about ICL files?
Select background
I wish there were...