Paint Beta 2 Bug - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Paint Beta 2 Bug

Vector image -- Multi shape-select
jojois74
on December 28th 2012

In RW Paint Beta 2, make a vector layer with two or more objects, try with rectangles, and try to select them all at once with shift-click or CTRL-click (the only two ways I know to do it). The colors change. Weird bug, or is it somehow supposed to happen?

jojois74
on December 28th 2012

But it only happens sometimes....
I think it has to do with the order the things were drawn.

jojois74
on December 28th 2012

Try this:
Make a red rectangle, a green circle, and a pink triangle
IN THAT ORDER ^^^.
Then, with the select tool, click on the rectangle, then shift-click the triangle. The rectangle will turn pink. If you had clicked on the triangle before the rectangle (you have to start over -- undo won't help you [part of the same glitch]), nothing would have changed color. In this case (were the rectangle turned pink), undo will just make it weirder, although usually undo works fine in changing it back.
Basically, there seems to be some glitch with the selection tool, but I don't know the exact extent of it except it occurs when you try to multi-select objects.

jojois74
on December 28th 2012

Also, this is completely different, but I think it would be useful to be able to set your own grid, i.e. set the number of square pixels in each section. And the grid wouldn't change depending on zoom level.

Vlasta
on December 28th 2012

I believe I have this bug already fixed in my latest build. It is a complicated situation - when multiple objects are selected, it should be possible to assign them a color in one action. Sometimes, it did not work correctly.

Adding the custom grid would be more complicated, because each tool would have to be changed. It will come, but not right now.

jojois74
on December 28th 2012

Okay.

By custom grid, I mean just the lines appear like that, the tools themselves don't snap to the grid, it's just lines that appear on the canvas so, for example, if the user wants to make 32x32 squares, he or she can set the grid to 32x32 and draw squares that match up to those lines, purely by looking at the grid and dragging to the grid-lines.

Page views: 1707       Posts: 6      
What about ICL files?
Select background
I wish there were...