Touchpen can't draw anymore - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Touchpen can't draw anymore

sueA
on May 9th 2013

I've been able to draw with my touchpen till a few days ago. now, I can still invoke the menu items with the pen, and I can draw with mouse clicks but can no longer draw with the pen. I'm on a Lenova X230 Tablet, Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

Vlasta
on May 9th 2013

Hard to guess what have changed... It seems like the pressure sensitivity of your pen is not working anymore when accessed directly. Is the pressure sensitivity working in other applications? (Not just invoking menu commands, but being able to draw lines that are thicker or thinner depending on how hard you press on the pen.) Have you restarted the computer since the time it stopped working? Have you tried checking and unchecking the 3 checkboxes next to Size, Blur and Flow in the Brush tool configuration panel?

sueA
on May 13th 2013

So
1. Pressure sensitivity works in other applications - I can draw lines, etc no problem.
2. I have rebooted - no effect.
3. I tried checking and unchecking the Size, Blur and Flow -- also changed their settings -- no effect.

Any other ideas? Else I'm going to have to give up on RealWorld Paint and Icon and use another package....

Vlasta
on May 13th 2013

1 - are you sure, you can draw lines that look different depending on how hard you press on the pen?

sueA
on May 17th 2013

Not sure why that matters - you pick a Size, Blur and Flow - and off you go. In Microsoft Paint, for example, I click Color, Size and draw lines of different sizes to my heart's content - that is, the Pen works to draw lines. In RealPaint, I could do this until about a week ago and now I can't.

Vlasta
on May 17th 2013

It matters, because tablets and mice are handled differently. An application can either access a tablet directly or pretend that it is a normal mouse. RWPaint and other non-trivial drawing applications try to work with tablets directly and gain access to the pressure sensitivity hardware. If there is a problem with this, like it seems to be, the problem will not be visible in applications, which do not work with the tablet directly.

So, if you can verify that the pressure sensitivity works in another application, it would mean, there is a problem in RWPaint. If the pressure sensitivity does not work in other applications either, it is likely there is a problem in the tablet driver. In any case you may try updating the tablet drivers. Alternatively, you may try to uninstall them and that would likely disable the pressure sensitivity and the tablet will work like a plain mouse.

Something related to the tablet must have changed on your computer week ago. Maybe you did install a new tablet driver or an automatic Windows update did that for you.

Page views: 1485       Posts: 6      
Select background
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...