Transformation Parameter in Parameterised Objects - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Transformation Parameter in Parameterised Objects

Richard_Reeves
on September 29th 2013

In RWIE, I'm trying to rotate a model I've created. The Transformation parameter has four values, which default to 0.000, 0.000, 1.000, 0.000

I'm trying to rotate the model by 90 degrees from lying down to standing up before I export to .3ds, but the only parameter that does anything is the final one, which rotates on the X axis.

My questions are:
What do each of the four parameters do?
How can I rotate on the other axes?
Where are the help files that explain these things?

Thanks,

Richard

Vlasta
on September 29th 2013

The first 3 numbers specify the rotation axis and the fourth number is the number of degrees to rotate.

The rotation axis goes through local origin and the specified point. Using 1, 0, 0 or 0, 1, 0 as the first 3 numbers will rotate around the other 2 axes. I believe the tip explaining the numbers is displayed in the status bar when the mouse is over the transformation item.

In version 2010, you can also rotate an object with a two arrows in the toolbar above the 3D scene. Rotation axis in this case depends on the camera.

Richard_Reeves
on September 29th 2013

Thank you! I'll have a go later. It's been six years since I last used RWIE so it's taking a bit of work to remember ir all. Great software, by the way :-)

Richard

Richard_Reeves
on September 29th 2013

That worked :-)

Page views: 1024       Posts: 4      
I wish there were...
Select background
What about ICL files?