animated cursor problem - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

animated cursor problem

saving is a little weird
Anonymous
on December 15th 2006

this happened when i was making an animated cursor. i was done, but i wanted to add a few more identical (identical to the last frame) frames to the end. when i copy and pasted the last frames, i saved and closed it. when i opened the cursor again, the frames that i had replicated before (they were copies of the LAST frame), had changed into copies of the FIRST frame. i kept trying to change it back to copies of the LAST frame, but nothing would work, until i placed a copy of the last frame in the place of the first. then, my changes would stay. can anyone help me so that the saving works properly?

Vlasta
on December 15th 2006

There was a bug that might cause this behavior in an early version. If you did not download the installer from this site or if you have downloaded it right after the release in June, then please try downloading it again, uninstalling the old, and installing the new version.

If the problem persists, please send the cursor (to info@rw-designer.com) and an exact guide how to reproduce the error. In the meantime, you can simply increase the time of the last frame instead of replicating it.

Anonymous
on December 16th 2006

how do i uninstall it? i cant find an uninstall file

Vlasta
on December 23rd 2006

Using Control Panels.

RobRay
on June 17th 2009

Couldn't find how to create an animated cursor from a set of cursor files. More importantly when trying this I lost the system default cursor completely. Re-booting didn't work, so had to go into the Control Panel to re-establish it - using the keyboard - nasty!

Vlasta
on June 17th 2009

If you have individual frames on your disk as .cur files, you can:
- create a new animated cursor
- drag and drop the .cur files from Explorer to the window with animation frames

Well, if you have set the main cursor to and empty cursor, I suppose must have been very nasty to get it back ;-).

Page views: 1590       Posts: 6      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?