Text Bubble - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Text Bubble

Sandy
on January 1st 2014

I can't seem to get the Text Bubble (with or without effects) working. Text works fine, but can't figure out how to make this work. I think I ran into this before can can't remember what I did to make it function. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Sandy

Vlasta
on January 1st 2014

So, you only see the text when using this tool? Or nothing? In any case, try changing the settings in the tool configuration panel to see if there is anything weird.

Anonymous
on January 6th 2014

I think it is something to do with how the text field is entered. If I type into the text and do anything it's erased. I see drawing handles and can move things around, but can't always figure out how to make it draw.

If I type without clicking into the text field in right tool bar (Under font setting, etc) it does work OK.

I think the problem is that I click the Bubble tool, then click the text field in the tool bar and it doesn't work.

So might just be how it's expected to be use which is a bit different then the regular text tool.

Sandy

Vlasta
on January 6th 2014

I see. In the latest version, the previous content of the text box is erased when you click on the canvas. I know that it is sometimes confusing, but the alternative behavior had even more annoying property. After adding one text, it was necessary to manually erase the previous one.

In the current version, you should first click on the canvas, then type the text - you may or may not use the edit box during this phase.

Sandy
on January 9th 2014

Thanks, I just need to remember the way it works. Seems to be OK once I get it into my head :-)

Thanks again!

Sandy

Page views: 991       Posts: 5      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons