Color Doesn't Save or Display - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Color Doesn't Save or Display

ChaosFreak
on February 28th 2014

I've loaded the aero_arrow_xl.cur file from c:\Windows\Cursors and simply filled it with a pink color then saved it as c:\Windows\Cursors\aero_arrow_pink_xl.cur

I can choose this as my pointer in Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers, but it still displays as white (identical to the original).

I'm sure I'm loading the right file because I renamed the original aero_arrow_xl.cur to aero_arrow_xl.cur.old.

Why won't it show up as pink?

jojois74
on February 28th 2014

I can think of a few possible reasons.
First, perhaps you chose it as the wrong cursor option, for example, the busy cursor rather than the normal pointer?
Second, maybe Windows keeps a cache of cursors so simple using the same file name won't work.
Third, you may need to set it to a different cursor, then back to the one you want.
Forth and most likely, it's possible Windows won't let you make changes to the default cursor file.
In any case, I strongly suggest you make your own folder for your custom cursors, and save the pink one in there using "Save As". Then, load it from there in the control panel :-).
Hope this helps.

Vlasta
on February 28th 2014

Or, if you are on Win 7 or Win 8, your cursor has 2 images, one for low res (32x32 pixels) and one for high res (48x48 pixels). And you have only changes one of them and the other stayed white and that is what you see.

Page views: 1136       Posts: 3      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background