cursors not working in Windows 7 - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

cursors not working in Windows 7

mouse
on March 5th 2014

I created a couple of custom cursors, but they don't work; they're invisible. I then copied and modified the Windows Aero pointer, and when I select the modified version for use, I still see the unmodified version.

Also, if I switch the Explorer window containing the cursor files to Medium Icons, Large Icons, Extra Large Icons, or Tiles view, the preview/thumbnail image shows my created and modified cursors correctly. In Small Icons, List, Details, and Content views, my custom cursors are blank and my modified cursor shows the old version.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, saving the files as .cur (Static Cursor, multiple formats).

Edit: I just realized my cursors/changes don't show up in the Test Area in RealWorld cursor editor either, although the other previews in the editor work.

Vlasta
on March 5th 2014

Have you modified/created both image sizes of your cursor? Win7 cursor have 2 sizes and both should contain the same image, just larger or smaller.

mouse
on March 5th 2014

Ooh, probably not. How do I switch between the two in the editor?

Vlasta
on March 5th 2014

You click on the one you want to select in the "Preview" panel near the left edge.

mouse
on March 5th 2014

Awesome, thank you!

Page views: 1208       Posts: 5      
Select background
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons