How to completely eliminate temporary files? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

How to completely eliminate temporary files?

ellenelle
on March 14th 2014

I've noticed that if I edit an original image that I had previously opened in RWC without changing the name, it opens the original version of the image unless I change the name. I tried removing the links to the old version, but it still opened the old version. How can I completely eliminate the old temporary file?

Thanks,
Ellen

Vlasta
on March 14th 2014

You mean removing it from the history - the list of recently used files?

ellenelle
on March 15th 2014

Apparently it is still on the disc even if you remove it from the list of recently opened files, because if you try to open it again directly from its folder, it opens the previous version. So I want to know where that old version is stored on the disc as a temporary file.

Vlasta
on March 15th 2014

RWCE handles files like many other applications. It never deletes files and it only overwrites files without warning if you have opened them and clicked save.

If you do a "Save as..." command, the old file will not be deleted and will not be connected to the new file in any way. You will have to delete the older files from a file manager. They are not really temporary files from the point of view of the computer, because at some point you must have chosen to save them. They still are in that original location.

Page views: 1142       Posts: 4      
Select background
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons