Suggestion for cursors - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Suggestion for cursors

A magic wand
Broojo02
on February 2nd 2007

In photoshop there is an option for selecting an area of a certain colour, then deleting it, caled the magic wand. A button like this would be very useful in the program because I spend soo long constantly selecting little boxes and then cutting them to make certain parts of my cursor transparent.

Vlasta
on February 2nd 2007

Selection support will be improved in future versions.

For the task you describe, I would recommend to use the flood-fill tool with transparent color (right button by default), possibly with non-zero tolerance.

Broojo02
on February 2nd 2007

Oh thanx mate thats wicked :-)

Broojo02
on February 2nd 2007

Sorry about this, another suggestion, it would be good if we could make an animated cursor from .gif files. At the moment you can only do it with still files like jpeg which is still great but it would make it really easy to convert animated gifs to .ani cursors :-)

Vlasta
on February 2nd 2007

;-) all suggestions are welcome. A gif importer was in the long term plan, so I'll give it higher priority.

Nice cursors BTW. You can eventually turn them into a cursor set to get more exposure and some feedback from other people through the comments section.

Broojo02
on February 2nd 2007

Ahh thanx mate, I like making video game ones so yeah I will probably make a Minish cap cursor set. :-) little question - how do I make a set?

Vlasta
on February 2nd 2007

Using this link: http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-editset.php

The instructions are also at the bottom of the main page of cursor library.

Broojo02
on February 2nd 2007

Thanx :-) I wish I could promote the site somehow, you know get thousands of users posting cursors throughout the day and this place becoming a bustling community, happy days :-) Well I wrote a review for it on download.com so hopefully that will make people download it (I gave it 5 stars).

Vlasta
on February 2nd 2007

That's nice from you. More users and more cursors in the library would sure be fine :-).

Dude#777
on July 6th 2007

the .gif idea aint so hot
what in the world would we use?! Thought so!

Page views: 5869       Posts: 10      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons