Making icons look bigger? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Making icons look bigger?

Kismet
on April 24th 2007

This is my first time using the program, so be gentle. When I make icons based on pictures, they come out looking small compared to the other icons on my desktop (even though they're the 48 x 48 size). I remove the border around each image and I've started with different image sizes, but the icons still look too small. Can anyone tell me what I might be able to do about this?

Vlasta
on April 24th 2007

The application in most cases (depends on exactly what function did you use to make the icons) adds a shadow around the image which can shrink the image by 2-3 pixels.
If you just erased the border, then it is not enough, the icon is create from the entire image. Try using the Remove Empty Border operation after that. Alternatively, you can select part of the source image and create icon from that part.
If you still experience problems, please send an example image and the icon created from it to info@rw-designer.com

Anonymous
on August 31st 2007

I'm having a similiar issue. Keep using images of various size and keep getting minature icons.I need the dummy version of making a regular or large size icon.

Page views: 1313       Posts: 3      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background