Importing animated gif / png in multi-size cursor file - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Importing animated gif / png in multi-size cursor file

..And how to invert an image ;)
Maveltjesplot
on June 14th 2018

RW Cursor editor is great software, and although it's last updated in 2013, I believe it is still the most up-to-date cursor software out there.. With support for multi-resolution cursor files! And free! :-D

I am creating a high-dpi supported cursor set.

I am having trouble importing animated files (created in Photoshop) for multi-resolution cursors. I can import an animation (even animated PNG which is pretty amazing, Photoshop can't even do that), but only for one size. Importing other sizes on the same time-frames seems not possible, as it will create new frames for the imported animation. Is there a way to do this?

There are also some other glitches with multi sized animations, like deleting one of the sizes: This needs to be done for every frame individually.

Also, is there a way to invert an image (to easily make black versions of a cursor set) ?

Vlasta
on June 14th 2018

You should be able to create cursor from an animation and let the editor generate the chosen sizes.

As for merging 2 cursors with different sizes, you can do that. Open both, select all frames in the bottom window, copy them, switch to the other window and paste it.

As for deleting (or adding) a size on all frames, just go to menu Cursor->Change size and make your choice.

Maveltjesplot
on June 15th 2018

Thanks for the fast reply :-)

I redraw all sizes to make them pixel perfect..

I can't target pasted frames to a specific size. It will create new frames. I hope I am doing something wrong ;-)

I have a 4-size *.ani. Pasted frames cannot be assigned to one of the sizes. It pastes to new frames with only that size.
I had a link to a screenshot but it looks like the post is auto-deleted when including a link.

Nice to know:
The Win10 Aero *.cur sizes go up to 128. The Win10 ani's only up to 64. Windows 10 seems to support ani sizes up to 96. When including 128, Windwows 10 doesn't recognize the *.ani.

Vlasta
on June 16th 2018

The copy/pasting system can be a bit complicated as there are many different scenarios. If you want to combine 2 cursors with different sizes, you need to have the same number of frames in both the current cursor and the cursor that is on the clipboard and the sizes must not overlap (if one has 32x32 images, the other must not have them). Otherwise it will just append the frames.

Maveltjesplot
on June 16th 2018

Thank you,

I tried my best but can't do it.
I created separate 32x32 and 48x48 animated cursor files from two animated PNG's, with the same frame count (77 frames).
When I copy the frames from the 48 into the 32 (or vice versa), it keeps pasting as new frames.

Vlasta
on June 16th 2018

Hm, maybe the change is not in the 2013 version. Try this: http://download.rw-designer.com/latest/RWCursorEditor.zip

Maveltjesplot
on June 16th 2018

That worked! Best tech support ever! :-D

You should make it a public beta!

Thanks a lot, I already donated $25,- a week or so ago.. ;-)

The only thing that seems missing in this version is the Formats tab.

Vlasta
on June 17th 2018

I have removed that as it was too technical and only created space for users to mess up the cursor. The "Change size" command should be a better alternative that affects all frames and thus keeps the cursor consistent.

Maveltjesplot
on June 17th 2018

I see, I understand now. When I want to remove size 128, I just type "32, 48, 64, 96" and 128 is removed (and vice versa).

Rather intuitive (if you know the secret ;-)

rajput17
on September 11th 2018

I understand now..I created separate 32x32 and 48x48 animated cursor files from two animated PNG's, with the same frame count (77 frames).
When I copy the frames from the 48 into the 32 (or vice versa), it keeps pasting as new frames.

Vlasta
on September 11th 2018

you need that newer version linked above

Page views: 1330       Posts: 11      
I wish there were...
Select background
What about ICL files?