Programming - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Programming

Your Favourite Programming Languages
Dark_Samus
on January 28th 2021

I personally like:

1. C++ and C: for being father and mother of all the programming languages available today.

2. Python: beginner friendly, easy syntax, superb module's such as numpy, tensorflow and pygame.

3. dotnet(C#, F#, Visual Basic): best for GUI's, excellent module's, soooooo powerfull.

4. Lua: excellent for game development, roblox was made in lua and used to develop game's for roblox, awesome game development library's such as love2D, great package manager like LuaRocks.

5. TCL/TK: gold for commandline, excellent for small GUI project's, great documentation.

Tell me what's your favourite.

J
on January 29th 2021

I do simple scripting in zsh, C++ for solving programming challenges, Java and Kotlin for Android Development, and Nodejs is a really great runtime for my personal javascript projects.

Dark_Samus
on January 29th 2021

Are you using linux???

J
on January 29th 2021

Yeah and windows for playing games and unity

Dark_Samus
on January 29th 2021

Kali-linux or Ubuntu?

J
on January 29th 2021

Kali and Ubuntu are basically the same, Kali is built on top of Ubuntu I think. Mostly everything that Kali has to offer is available on every other distro so... And I am not a fan of debian's apt-get or aptitude. I use Fedora as it has dnf that imo is much better. I am not willing to set up Arch, though arch does so many things right

Dark_Samus
on January 29th 2021

ya... but Kali have excellent tools for hacking and Ubuntu is used for everything from programming to basic use...

Page views: 860       Posts: 7      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?