Resize Options - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Resize Options

DPI and Size
pixelman
on July 11th 2007

Just start using PhotoResize to modify images could someone please tell me what command line option's are needed to set a dpi of 300 and reduce/enlarge the size accordingly as not to distort the dpi and size relationship. I need to set a 300dpi and have the original size change in proportion to the change in the dpi.

Vlasta
on July 11th 2007

You should rename the tool to PhotoResizeD300.exe or use -d300 switch. This will resample the image while attempting to leave the original physical size unchanged.

pixelman
on July 11th 2007

I understand that thanks Vlasta that would set a dpi of 300 but at the same time increase the size, but thats not what I am trying to achieve here.

When a dpi is reduced the image size increase and when the dpi is enlarged the original size reduces and so maintaining the relationship between size and dpi as in the original. This would then work as it does in Photoshop image sizing.

e,g, An original image with 72 dpi having a size of 500 x 500 pixels would if the dpi was set to 300 dpi give an image size of 120 x 120 pixels. On the other hand if the original 72 dpi was reduced to 36 dpi the size final size would be 1000 x 1000 pixels

Vlasta
on July 12th 2007

I am afraid this is impossible with the current version.

pixelman
on July 12th 2007

Thanks Vlasta

Look forward to the next update as I think the software is a clever approach.

For the next update.

new width (or depth) = org width(or depth) in pixels * org dpi / new dpi

Many thanks

Page views: 1267       Posts: 5      
Select background
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?