Animated Cursor Problem - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Animated Cursor Problem

Getting red pixels
leoak
on July 15th 2007

I just started learning how to make animated cursors and I'm running into the problem of having red pixels in the images. I edited the pictures I wanted with GIMP and Ifranview then used them in RW cursor editor. Some of the pictures are coming out fine except for two of them. Whether they are black and white or in color, they keep coming out with red, particularly in the white background and black areas. Is there any way to fix this?

Vlasta
on July 15th 2007

It is hard to guess what has happened, I have never seen similar problem before. Could you describe what did you do and what format are the picture in? Eventually send the problematic pictures to info@rw-designer.com

leoak
on July 15th 2007

They are pictures I cropped from a scan and resized with Ifran View then I added a selective Gaussian Blur on some of them with GIMP. On the ones I colored, I used GIMP and made different layers then merged them. They are all 24 bit, 72 DPI and jpeg format. Also, I did a little experiment and chose a 24 bits instead of the 32 bits color depth when making a new animated cursor. When I did that, the picture that was coming out with a red background changed to an aqua blue background.

Vlasta
on July 16th 2007

Could be an error in the program, please send me the jpg.

Dude#777
on July 26th 2007

Yea, i've got a similar problem. Still RW Cursor editor. When I put a color (not including white) next to a black pixel it turns a dull color. If I put in more over it, it goes back to a dull color. If I add more of the same color that went dull (say, red) some of that goes dull too. I'm baffled. Help!

Vlasta
on July 26th 2007

[The previous problem was just misunderstanding. The transparent (chequered) pixels were red, because Windows color scheme was very red ;-).]

In your case, I suspect that you are using a 16-colors (4-bits per pixels) images. In this case, the editor automatically dithers the image for you. If you for example draw an orange rectangle, you get yellow and red pixels instead of orange ones, because there is no orange in the 16-color palette.

Is this the case?

Page views: 1685       Posts: 6      
Vista & Win 7 icons
I wish there were...
Select background