A required certificate is not within its validity period - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

A required certificate is not within its validity period

Getting certificate error when opening RealWorld Cursor Editor in Windows 10 and Windows 11
JeanJean
on November 15th 2022

Getting "A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file" error when opening RealWorld Cursor Editor in Windows 10 and Windows 11 lately. So I am not able to use it anymore. It used to be working fine.

Vlasta
on November 16th 2022

Well, back in 2012 or so, I purchased a code signing certificate from an Israeli company that was not really a proper code signing certificate and it would retroactively expire after two years. I would have to pay them every year to extend the validity, which I choose not to. So, the newer Windows (possibly after an update) does not want to let you run this not properly signed program. I would guess there is a setting somewhere, where you can override this. Alternatively, you can try downloading the preview build, which is not signed at all (Windows may again not let you easily run that). I will purchase a proper certificate from someone with better business practices and use it when the new version is ready.

Anonymous
on November 17th 2022

Thanks Vlasta!

Anonymous
on January 10th

im glad you didnt give any money to an israeli company

Anonymous
on February 27th

hi

Page views: 904       Posts: 5      
What about ICL files?
Select background