What's your favorite OS? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

What's your favorite OS?

Just want to talk about OSes, they doesn't matter
5P34K
on September 10th 2023

Hello RW Friends

Today i found a post about help if upgrade or buy a new pc, then i saw many comments of opinions about their favorite OSes.

So i said in my mind: "Why no making a forum post about OSes that we love and the ones we despise?"

OSes that i like

1. Windows Vista (SP2): Windows vista is the twin sister of 7, cause they are similar but with drastical diferences, and was hated but because they didn't use SP2 or they were using older computers, but vista is indeed more beautiful, since it has quicklaunchs, a bunch of user tiles, is the first Windows to bundle games explorer, the SP2 fixes the unstability and the bad compatibility, additional extras and fully kills material design apps since only supports last versions of programs that use Skeoumorphic design, or them were released when skeoumorphism died and Vista lost support.
2. Windows XP
Is a very popular OS, although it didn't update design for games, but has cool interface, many wallpapers and good usertiles.
3. Android
Not much to say, just haves support for many useful apps, although uses material design.
4. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Although i never used it, it has a better resolution, it would be the best Cellphone OS, and many games are good
5. Win Mobile 6.1.4
I have an emulator, i can say that isn't really bad, is like a Vista port for cellphones.

Bad OSes

1. Windows 10
Microsoft totally ruined Windows when 8 was made. But this is worse!!
Killed Games explorer, added useless apps, more bloatware and garbage UI.
2. Windows 8
It removes aero glass, bundled games, and they decided to hide the games folder. it also replaced control panel by useless settings app.
3. Windows 11
Too much high requirements and is basically 10 but worse.
4. Linux
Is such boring OS and is source code, and i'm no interesed on source code.
5. Windows Phone 7
Did you though it would be windows 7 for cellphones? Well is not!!!!! Is just Windows 8 mobile

nibbler
on September 11th 2023

@BobCat Games == My Opinions ==
1. Windows Vista - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37nAqMpfeM
2. Windows XP - Best Windows version at the time. I even had fun with it when I was little.
3. Android - You can also run Android apps on Windows using LDPlayer or BlueStacks! :-)
4. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - never used
5. Win Mobile 6.1.4 - never used
1. Windows 10 - Windows 10 is great, if you remove the bloatware apps, removed Microsoft Edge, and download third-party apps to improve on Windows 10; just Google on how to make Windows 10 better.
2. Windows 8 - I hate that this OS is just a reskin of Windows 7 while adding unnecessary things.
3. Windows 11 - It's very buggy and breakable, and I really don't like the higher required specs, either.
4. Linux - Don't really use much, but found it's complicated to run things you like.
5. Windows Phone 7 - never used

You forgot to include Windows 7, because it's a great OS.

eeveelover64
on September 11th 2023

yeah, windows 7 is a great os, better than vista cuz at least it isn't a buggy mess/unatable, and my 2nd option would be windows xp

5P34K
on September 11th 2023

Anonymous, no you shut up stupid

5P34K
on September 11th 2023

Yeah i know you can make windows 10 look like vista but is still windows 10. so there's no way you can remove microsoft store

hamzasolom20
on September 13th 2023

Just go Windows 10.

eeveelover64
on September 13th 2023

yea, cuz you can just use a de-bloater found on github, also who tf cares about the goddamn microsoft store, like it or not you're going to have to upgrade, cuz ur current os wont be stable/usable anymore because its obsolete

5P34K
on September 13th 2023

I know that Vista lost support, but i don't care, windows 10 is the worst!!!!! It was made by new MS CEO.
Steve Ballmer had better ideas.

Yeah also windows 7 is the best but i can't edit the forum anymore

eeveelover64
on September 13th 2023

maybe if you actually used windows 10 like everybody else, your opinion would change :V
plus, who cares about the new ms ceo, just use a debloater/theme tool, u literally don't even have to use the ms store

5P34K
on September 14th 2023

NEVER!!!! (Even if my web browser runs kinda slow sometimes, some pages unsupported and my downloads are slow)

eeveelover64
on September 15th 2023

yeah exactly,at this rate, you wont even be able to access websites, look dude, vlasta USED to use windows 7 until he upgraded to windows 11 cuz he HAD to, he didn't have any other choice, either you upgrade, or be left in the dust never to use any website ever again

5P34K
on September 16th 2023

I actually only use websites that doesn't display these egoist unsupported browser messages, yt works fine to me, anyways i think most of websites that displays these annoying messages contains adware

48 replies were left out.

5P34K
on February 2nd

Windows XP was also GOAT, but now i prefer Ubuntu

Anonymous
on February 5th

i used to play on my grandparent's windows 7 alot in 2010. i loved the flash games dude, those were the good ol' days fr

5P34K
on February 6th

I wish flash could be back, but no, greedy adobe and trashy html5 are the villains, the html is innocent, the real villainz are adobe and html5

Anonymous
on February 6th

Adobe aint the villain tho, it's html5 because they wanted to make things more modernized and adobe's system was out dated and laggy so they had no choice but to get rid of good ol' Adobe and replace it with trashy html5.

5P34K
on February 16th

fuck html5, i hate it so much, i did research and was made by some google employe. Damn, i fucking hate google so much, the only best thing they made is Android, but they bloated it with some useless google applications i do NOT really need, WebP and WebM suck alot, their search engine is becoming more and more useless, chromeos sucks, chrome sucks alot since is a ram eater. Google already ruined youtube, but soon is going to ruin android because of their bloatware and ugly material design, i just hope a good company steal android and make it better, otherwise, android wont be good because of google

eeveelover64
on February 16th

but webp and webm is customizeable as hell, you can make webm change resolution in real-time on the fly

xTikans
on February 19th

well, i guess u gotta learn to adapt my brotha 5P34K, ik adobe flash has impacted most of our internet childhood's but we won't forget the good memories of it.

5P34K
on February 19th

it doesnt matter, webp still has terrible compatibility between many photo editing programs, i will NEVER ever trust html5!

Anonymous
on March 26th

mac sonoma is the best!!

Anonymous
on March 29th

uh no!!!! windows 10 is better than trashy macs!!111111

Anonymous
on March 31st

I hate mac and windows I use freebsd

xTikans
on April 1st

Tbh, I've never used any other OS when it came to computers besides Windows, so ig Windows..?

Page views: 644       Posts: 72      
I wish there were...
Select background
Vista & Win 7 icons