RealWorld Cursor not working - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RealWorld Cursor not working

Help!!
Anonymous
on December 18th 2007

Why won't the RealWorld Cursor Editor work? I just receive an error when I try to open it....Any ideas?

Vlasta
on December 18th 2007

Please be more specific...

Anonymous
on December 18th 2007

Thanx for any help, I am doing this for my 8 year old (computer whiz) son...When we try to open this application it says 'The application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect....

Windows XP Pro
Internet Explorer 6.0
GeForce FX5200
Pentium III 933 MHZ

Thanx again if you can help us, let me know if I didn't include some info you are looking for, I'm not sure what you want... :-)

Vlasta
on December 18th 2007

Looks OK, the program should work on any Windows XP. One thing: did you download the installer from this server? And did you download the ordinary (not 64-bit) version?

I assume this error occurred right after installation and it has never worked in the past.

Anonymous
on December 18th 2007

Ya, he downloaded it from here and he said it is not the 64 bit version, I just don't know what to try, computers lol!! No, it has never worked in the past and it is right after installation...Is there any way I can change the 'configuration' since it says that is the problem?? Thanx so much for your time, we appreciate it!

Vlasta
on December 18th 2007

This error usually means, the "manifest" defining the environment for the application in the executable or one of the components is wrong. But since it installed properly without an error and the application is quite independent, I have no idea what could be wrong. Maybe try to uninstall it, download a zipped version and install that one.

Anonymous
on December 19th 2007

Well thanx for all your help!! We still haven't gotten it working yet but I wanted to let you know we did uninstall and install the zip file..we get the same error :-( It must be our computer, you know how that goes...If you think of anything else, please let us know...Happy Holidays

Vlasta
on December 19th 2007

I am afraid so. It is always good to check for viruses as they may interfere with other programs and could cause similar errors. Also, it could be caused by an application that modifies something in every process running in Windows. There are such applications like the ones that add new buttons to caption of every window, etc.

Page views: 1897       Posts: 8      
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?
Vista & Win 7 icons