Cursor Editor WORKS for 2000 - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Cursor Editor WORKS for 2000

I don't know how, but it seems to.
Mr. Magoolachub
on September 11th 2006

Ok to start off with I know it says it only works with 2003, XP and Vista, but I downloaded with 2000 just to be sure. I downloaded The RealWorld Cursor Editor, installed it, ran it and as I expected it came up with an unknown error message. I tried 4 more times, same result. I then thought 'oh well, I'll just get the icon editor'. So I did, I installed it and it works fine. I go to bed later on. Today I come home after school and mistakenly opened the cursor editor. The strange thing is... IT WORKED. I don't know how but I somehow I think it was related to the installation of the Icon Editor. It seemed to work after I installed it. I don't really know though, anybody else here got any ideas on it?

Vlasta
on September 11th 2006

Well, you'll probably find that the Cursor editor is not really able to edit cursors ;-), just images. Both applications have much in common and when you installed the icon editor, the cursor editor main app was able to access the core components and you saw the main window with some functions available.

Cursor editor is released for XP and newer just because XP allow us to isolate the applications from each other. The applications use different and sometimes incomatible versions of certain components. In XP it is possible to use one version from icon editor and another one from cursor editor.

It is indeed possible to use Cursor editor in Win2000, probably even in NT4, but it is not possible to have both Icon editor and Cursor editor installed correctly. If you really want to use Cursor editor in earlier systems with (almost) all functions available, uninstall the Icon editor, download this file (RegisterCursorEditor.bat), place it in Cursor editor installation directory and run it. Note that this action will most likely make the Icon editor unusable.

Since you have run the application in a partially corrupted state, it will be also necessary to reset it to default configuration - run it with /reset switch like: "C:\Program Files\RealWorld Cursor Editor\RWCursorEditor.exe" /reset

Page views: 1454       Posts: 2      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?