adjust axis - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

adjust axis

robert
on November 3rd 2008

I am a beginner.
pls kindly tell me how to adjust axis which is the original axis.
Thank you for your help.

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

Hi Robert,

I am sorry I do not understand what are you asking. Could you describe your needs in other words?

robert
on November 3rd 2008

Dear Vlasta

Thank you for your reply.

What I mean that is I want to adjust X,Y and Z coordinates.
How can I do it?

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

Aha, there are generally 3 ways how to change coordinates. You can click and drag a control point in the 3D view (if you click on a part of a 3D model, its control points should appear). You can also find the item in the left tree view and specify the coordinates manually by typing the new numbers. When an item with coordinates is selected, you can also use the small panel with sliders (under the material panel) to modify individual coordinates. In latest version of icon editor, you can also move selected points in 3D view with cursor and PageUp, PageDown keys.

robert
on November 3rd 2008

Dear Vlasta

typing the new numbers?? which title?
The down right side of sliders?? what is it?

Thank you very much

Robert

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

There are 3 panels by the left side of the window when editing a 3D model called "Document structure", "Component material" and "Sliders". You may close and open them by clicking on their captions. The "Sliders" panel allows you to change coordinates of the selected control point or item.

You can type new coordinates (using keyboard). Select an item with numbers in the "Document structure" panel and just press the number keys to overwrite it. If you click an control point in the 3D view, the item will be automatically selected in the "Document structure" panel for you.

robert
on November 3rd 2008

Hi

one more question!
below transformation
there are 4 (0,0,0,angel)
what are the meaning before angel?
Tks

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

The first 3 numbers define a point in 3D space. The 3D model is rotated by the given angle around an axis defined by the origin (0, 0, 0) and the given point.

For example to rotate around local X-axis, set the first 3 numbers to 1, 0, 0

robert
on November 3rd 2008

so
the number is only 1
and
means we lock the axis
i.e
(0,1,0)>> I can adjust the angel of the object around Y axis
right??

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

Yes, but you can use any numbers to ratate around arbitrary axis.

You can also place 2 rotations in sequence - right click and select Insert Rotation.

robert
on November 3rd 2008

hi
can I ratate the all objects?

Vlasta
on November 3rd 2008

You mean all at once? No, unless you put them into a single component (to do it you'll need to create a new file and import the old one into it as one component).

Page views: 17598       Posts: 12      
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background
I wish there were...