How to crop images ? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

How to crop images ?

RW PaintCom
Anonymous
on March 9th 2009

Great application RW PaintCom but ... I still havent find a way to crop an image please help me !

Vlasta
on March 9th 2009

Cropping is not easy to do in RW Paint.COM, because it was not considered to be a major task in that app - it is focused on drawing new images. You can:

• use the Transformation tool to select a region, copy it to clipboard and paste as new image,
  • use the Transformation tool to select a region and directly save it if this is what you need (there is a Save selected area command in the File menu if floating selection is active),
  • use the Remove empty border filter (if you have single-color border)

(RW Photos has a specialized Crop tool with many functions, but it is not freeware.)

Anonymous
on March 9th 2009

thanks a lot for the feedback !! in the meantime I found easily + interesting the feature "fit selection to window" !

Anonymous
on April 23rd 2009

Hello, I'm new to RW Paint.COM but I find it wonderful for the features it has.
I also had the issue with cropping since I take screenshots and then need to crop to the needed portion.
Playing aronud a bit after reading this hint I found the easy way out but it only works for a rectangular/square selection so use the Rectangle selection, then click on the Transformation icon.
Next right click into the selection and you will see "Crop to selection". TADA! That made my day.
These steps can also be used to make an irregular selection and then switching to Transformation to do some nice shape changing. Try it with Ellipse, Polygon and Brush selection. Enjoy!

Hope this helped you.

Vlasta
on April 23rd 2009

Yes, that feature was added in the latest version.

Page views: 1273       Posts: 5      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background