RWphoto32 crashes - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RWphoto32 crashes

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

I have problems with RWPhoto I was able to start the application only 1 time after the installation then WindowsExplorer crashes all the times I attempt a new start, I tried to re-install RWPhoto with no use
BTW RWIconEditor and RWPaintCom, already installed, are still working properly on my HP Pavillon XP s.p.2 !

Vlasta
on March 10th 2009

What kind of crash are you experiencing? Is there any error message?

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

Hi thanks for the quick answer! ... just the "blue death screen" then I had to restart Windows 2 or 3 times !

Vlasta
on March 10th 2009

If you saw the blue death screen, there is most likely something wrong with the installed drivers or possibly with hardware on your PC.

There is additional functionality in RWPhotos (compared to Paint.COM), but nothing important, just more tools, filters and batch processing. The hardware requirements are the same.

If you are not seeing the blue screen anymore, but the application does not look right, try running the Manage RWPhotos command in Windows Start menu and reset the configuration. It might have been damaged due to the blue screen.

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

OK I'll try to re-install and before the new start I'll follow your advice (to reset the configuration) I'll update in few hours ... it's my working time now, thanks again !

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

sorry to say that I wasn't able to "manage RWPhoto" on start> programs > realworld > more: as soon as I checked the option again WindowsExplorer crashed !
AW the application is perfectly working on my desktop so I can have a try
+ I know something is wrong on the laptop as every so often I have a crash I was just curious as I had no crashes with Paint.COM and IconEditor !

Vlasta
on March 10th 2009

I am sorry to hear that. The blue screen is definitely sign of a hardware or driver problem. It is strange that the other applications work, they are all very similar from the technical point of view. Maybe you can try some diagnostic programs, to check if your hard drive, memory or other components are OK.

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

Hi Vlasta this is the last update:
RWPhoto worked fine in the "safe mode" I also "managed" the application ... then I had another crash.
BTW I started to learn how to use the GIMP but at the moment I'm sticking to your great PaintCom

as I'm a skinner I will upload some icons for gaining the IconEditor free licence thanks so much for this opportunity

I must say that you are really a special person !
(I will appreciate your visit to my free gallery on Wincustomize: http://frankell.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx)

Vlasta
on March 10th 2009

You have some nice pictures there...lots of Firefox stuff :-).

When creating pictures for skins, Paint is really not much different from Photos. Photos is focused on photo retouching.

frank fc
on March 10th 2009

yes Vlasta my motto is: "What is better than Firefox ? two Firefox
(also the portable one)!!
if you are running any dock application please try this animated icon (my pick one!):
http://frankell.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=15181&libid=29
AW I'm fine with Paint I was just a little bit missing the crop feature !
Thanks again + all the best !!

Vlasta
on March 11th 2009

Hm, I'll see what can be done with cropping in Paint.COM. Maybe a small extension of the Transformation tool would be sufficient, I guess no perspective removal or aspect locks are needed for skin designing.

frank fc
on March 11th 2009

WoW great to hear from you !!
even more PaintCom will be my first choice skinning application (but not only mine)!!

frank fc
on March 17th 2009

Hello Vlasta
I can't wait any longer ... any update for the "small cropping extension" in your already great application Paint.Com ?
I hope it will be possible with no much effort AW thanks for your consideration !!

Vlasta
on March 18th 2009

Hello again, the cropping itself is not a big change, but there are other changes in progress and they are not yet ready to be released. It will take at least one month.

Page views: 1986       Posts: 14      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?