capture the desktop with RW PaintCom - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

capture the desktop with RW PaintCom

frank fc
on March 25th 2009

Hi Vlasta
as when I "capture the desktop" I'm not able to have the ObjectDock image do I'm missing something ?
or if at the moment it's not possible to capture the layered\translucent windows may I ask to add this feature
in the upcoming RW PaintCom version ?!
thanks in advance !!
frank

Vlasta
on March 25th 2009

The entire desktop should be captured. I have not tested it with ObjectDock, but I guess you can use the classic Windows way of capturing desktop in this case: press the PrintScreen key (it is usually above Insert) to copy desktop to clipboard and then use the "Image from Clipboard" wizard in Paint.COM.

I'll see if something can be done about it in next version.

Update: I have just checked it and it seems to work OK on my system... Could you investigate the issue on your computer a bit more and eventually let me know if you find under which circumstances it does or does not work?

frank fc
on March 25th 2009

yeh I can make the entire desktop screenshot but the ObjectDock image doesn't appear
+ no way with the PrintScreen as the "capture layered\translucent windows" is a special feature that also you can't find in most applications of this kind (i.e. SnagIt have it)
I hope you can manage it for the next version !
thanks again !

Vlasta
on March 25th 2009

Hm, are you on XP? There seems to be no problems on Vista...

frank fc
on March 26th 2009

... you are right: XP sp 2 !

Vlasta
on March 26th 2009

OK, I'll see if it will be possible to improve it.

frank fc
on March 26th 2009

That's great !
all the best !!

frank fc
on March 26th 2009

WoW Vlasta
I just tried again to capture the desktop with your great Paint.Com this time it was all OK the ObjectDock translucent\layered image appears on the screenshot !
probably yesterday there was a conflict with some other applications
sorry for the troubles !!
AW don't forget about the cropping feature
thanks again !!

Vlasta
on March 26th 2009

That's good to know, thanks. BTW, would you like to beta-test the next version?

frank fc
on March 26th 2009

yes for sure I like to be a be a Paint.Com beta tester !!

frank fc
on March 27th 2009

Hi Vlasta
the issue is resolved as it was only present trying to make the screenshot with the PaintCom window on the bottom
(I used to leave visible only the right part for clicking "create" )
when I make the screenshot with the PaintCom window on top of the other windows there are no problems !!
thanks again for the beta !
BTW the cropping feature it's a real pleasure !
frankell

Vlasta
on March 27th 2009

Thanks for letting me know. This actually makes sense also from the technical point of view.

Page views: 2022       Posts: 12      
I wish there were...
Select background
What about ICL files?