Help with basics - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Help with basics

PDC
on April 11th 2009

I can't believe how stupid I am getting with software ! I used to be able to pick up on stuff fast. Getting older now.

SO HOW THE FRIG DO I COPY AND PASTE A SIMPLE PIECE OF A PICTURE ? I tried the usual ctrl+c and then ctrl+v. Just get a blank rectangle the same size as what I was trying to copy and paste. Also, how the heck do you clone in this program? I don't see the cloning tool anywhere? I saw a video demo after a Google search but it was too blurred to figure out where the guy got the icon from. Very frustrating when the basics are so confusing.

Vlasta
on April 11th 2009

The non-working copying might be cause by the "Paint under" blending mode. The blending mode (Paint over, Replace, Paint under) influences the pasted image - look for 3 icons with red-over-blue rectangles.

Another problem might be that you are copying part of an empty layer. Only content in the active layer is copied.

Cloning tool icon looks like a rubber stamp. BTW you did not specify what software you are actually using - cloning is currently only available in RealWorld Photos.

Page views: 1107       Posts: 2      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background