Feature request - Realworld Paint - Open in RWP context menu ite - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Feature request - Realworld Paint - Open in RWP context menu ite

ruudboek
on June 20th 2009

I presume that a lot of people use a viewer to view their pictures and RWP to edit them.
That means that doubleclicking a picture in Windows Explorer will open their default picture viewer, but there is no direct way to open a picture in RWP from Windows Explorer.

How about adding an extra option, that, when enabled, adds a context menu item (right mouse click menu item) called "Edit in RWP".

That way it will be a lot easier to start editing pictures in RWP from Windows Explorer by simply a right mouse click and then clicking on "Edit in RWP".

Vlasta
on June 20th 2009

Hi, something like this should already be possible.

In main menu Tools->File associations... you can select what file types should be opened with Paint.COM. It will be the default command, but depending on your Windows version, you'll see all the associated applications in the "Open With" submenu in Explorer.

ruudboek
on June 20th 2009

Hi, yes that works, but it also requires you to enable file associations.

Some people would prefer a dedicated viewer to be the default program for opening pictures, therefore enabling associations would not be a good solution.

Vlasta
on June 20th 2009

If you associate the file types with Paint.COM and then again with the viewer, you should be able to right-click and select Paint.COM in the "Open with" submenu. This is how it works in Vista, and if I remember corrctly, it should be very similar in XP.

I'll see how difficult it would be to add another entry to the menu. The file associations mechanism in Windows is a mess :-(.

Anonymous
on December 28th 2010

How do I make RWPaint open a file in Faststone Image Viewer? Other applications are opened just fine when the program is entered with parameter (filename) under Settings>Programs, but RWPaint just opens the folder, not the file.

Ehat are the command line options for RWPaint?

Vlasta
on December 28th 2010

Could it be because of spaces in folder path? Maybe try using " around the filename parameter.

Page views: 15731       Posts: 6      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Select background