Resetting Layout - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Resetting Layout

RWpaint
oldgroaner
on August 14th 2009

I have messed up the layout, and can't find a way of resetting it, as the reset facility only comes up on the menu for Real World Photo (registered version)

The only reason I am still using RW paint is the Lasso select isn't available in RWphoto (why not? is this possible?)

Incidentally I am having a great time using RWphoto, since I work in RAW I have set up RAWtherapee to decode the RAW NEF files, then open the image in RWphoto, and the combination is great, it gives me a very powerful suite, (just missing the lasso!)

Regards

Tony

Vlasta
on August 14th 2009

Hi Tony,

for RW Paint (and also for future versions of other RW apps), the resetting can be done by pressing and holding left shift and ctrl while launching the application.

The reason why Paint has a lasso and Photos does not, is because this tool was created after RWPhotos was released. The next version is going to get all the relevant additions from Paint and more. I guess I can make a pre-beta version for you, if you would like to work with it.

oldgroaner
on August 14th 2009

Dear Vlasta

Yes please to the Lasso tool!

I have followed your advice and rest RWPaint successfuly

Many thanks,
Tony

Vlasta
on August 15th 2009

Hi Tony, I have sent you an email with a link to the beta.

oldgroaner
on August 19th 2009

Hi Vlasta

The lasso tool works very well, I find that to select compact shapes (such as butterfly wings with fluted edges) the easiest way is to lasso beyond the edges of the shape, then cut back to the shape using the Brush select with Ctrl and Shift depressed so it acts as an eraser.
This works very well
I am also impressed with the Shape shifter tool you have added.
If at any time you want someone to beta test features for you I will be glad to help (if I can)

Many thanks,

Tony

Page views: 2820       Posts: 5      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?