Icon Size - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Icon Size

purringcat
on November 26th 2009

I'm using the demo and trying to create 256x256 icons from a 420x464 image. The icon program says I'm saving a 256x256x8 image but it's only 48x48 in reality. Will this be corrected once I buy the program or am I doing something wrong?

Vlasta
on November 26th 2009

Ico Files in Explorer - do not trust the tooltip.

purringcat
on November 27th 2009

I'm trying to use the icons on my desktop with Win7 and can't get any to save over 48x48.

Vlasta
on November 27th 2009

What do you mean by use? Are you trying to customize folders or shortcuts? Or are you plainly saving the .ico files on your desktop?

purringcat
on November 28th 2009

Please... can you make icons larger than 48x48 with this nifty software?

Vlasta
on November 28th 2009

Yes, you can. If you see the large image in the editor, it is also in the .ico file.

With my questions, I am trying to determine, where the problem is. In most cases, people are actually doing everything right, but because Explorer does not show them the large image of the .ico file, they think it is not there. Is this your case? What is the file size of your .ico file in kB?

purringcat
on November 29th 2009

The kb is 153. Here is a picture of the image strip. It shows the large icon.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p132/mcauslandm/?action=view&current=CarlosMuseumStrip.png

Vlasta
on November 29th 2009

It seems to be fine. I would really recommend you to read the link I posted earlier. The thumbnail of the .ico file Explorer has no consequence. Use the .ico to customize something and it will work fine.

Page views: 1277       Posts: 8      
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Select background