I have tride and tride and tride - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

I have tride and tride and tride

Hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hdmartin
on April 24th 2010

I am trying to figure out several thing. First can you cut out a picture and make all the background invisible so you can place it anywhere and it looks like it was built there. Second I put 6 pictures in my layers box and my plans was to cut out images of each picture make them semitransparent then put them on top of one of the images that will be used as a background. I removed the image easy enough changed the transparency and was able to move it all over the screen but I could not move it to another image and if I deleted that layer it would also delete the image that i had cut out. Any ideas. Thanks,

Anonymous
on April 25th 2010

I installed RealWorldPaint.com (free) AND purchased RealWorld Icon Editor

I open the master image in RealWorldPaint.com

I open the pic I want to layer in RealWorld Icon Editor and make the background transparent

I then copy the modified RealWorld Icon Editor picture and paste it onto the master imaqe

Then save the result as a jpeg image

Does that help?

hdmartin
on April 25th 2010

Yes that is very helpful thank you. I am curious though never have used the icon editor is it similar to paint. Can you do practicaly the same thing or is it less/more advanced or just different.

sixλxis
on June 4th 2010

You might save yourself alot of trouble if you find a pic of what your looking for in .png format.

Anonymous
on September 23rd 2010

As sixaxis said, it would only work with a .png format. If you save as .jpg it will blur the background and make it white with blury bits around the edge of a picture. Saving as .png will make sure the background is transparent.
With your question, it is called rendering. All you need is photoshop, paint or GIMP and you can outline the picture with a pen tool, invert the selection and press clear. (remember to save as .png).
If you need more help on this say so and I'll make an account so we can talk.

sixλxis
on September 23rd 2010

You could use the Lasso Selection Tool in Paint.COM and Photos for the same effect you can get in Photoshop, Paint.NET or GIMP.

It's under the Magic Wand tool.

Anonymous
on January 3rd 2012

I've been able to create transparent layers in png format with various pictures in each layer but when I save the file, it merges the layers even though I don't select merge. This isn't apparent until I reopen the file and everything has been merged to one layer. I love the program but I have just started using it and wonder if I am missing something? As a workaround I can export each layer and reassemble them each time I want to work on the file again but if I could avoid that extra step, I'd like to. Thanks for any info!

Vlasta
on January 3rd 2012

You need to save the file in a format that supports layers, preferably as .rli

.png does not support layers and so if you save as .png, the layer info is lost.

Page views: 16780       Posts: 8      
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?
Vista & Win 7 icons