Can i sell my cursors? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Can i sell my cursors?

I don't want to do anything thats against the site Liscense
Fizzenator
on July 25th 2010

I really like the website n all n don't want to disrespect in any way, I wanted to ask first :'

Vlasta
on July 25th 2010

What do you mean by sell?

If you have made a cursor yourself and therefore own the rights to it, you can sell author rights (sell = allow someone to use it in a particular way and getting monetary compensation).

If you have used images made by someone else while making the cursor, you are not the only author and you must respect the rights of the people, who made the images. In that case, selling the rights may be problematic - you must make sure you are acting in accordance with the licenses attached to the used images.

Regarding this web site. Posting your work in the library does not limit your author rights (you just agreed to have the cursors present in the library). You still own the rights and you can do what you wish with them.

Fizzenator
on July 26th 2010

Thanks so much i jst needed to know... If i used images n made animations with them like smileys as cursor's would that be considered illegal...? :'

Fizzenator
on July 26th 2010

ok so i would need to change the picture n make my own smileys or own swords ect.?

Vlasta
on July 26th 2010

It is not illegal to make cursors from images belonging to someone else, but what you can do with them is limited by the license of those images. If you download a picture from internet, you should look at its license and that tells you what you can do with it. (This is why there are licenses attached to cursors and icons in this library - to tell those who download them what rights the author gives to them.) If there is no license, you must assume the worst. That means you can make the cursor for your personal use, but you should not even distribute it.

Drawing a you own smiley picture is fine.

Fizzenator
on July 26th 2010

K tyx so much... thanks again, i will be posting soon a football logo set, soon :-D hope you all enjoy! And i'm done with this forum Thanks again! :-D

Fizzenator
on July 29th 2010

Yeah idk if i'm even going to make the site right... theres no reason to make it... I will make it before or after school starts it woudl come in handy for like homework ect. :' idk well thanks id think i'm going to sell anything cept art work i make too keep the site up n running might not even do that :' might just have donations... thanks again for responding!

Page views: 3088       Posts: 7      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?