im so lost... - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

im so lost...

i really am....
Anonymous
on October 2nd 2010

I downloaded a bunch of cursors, got the winrar file, but one problem, how can i use multiple cursors at once?
Because i chose the normal cursor, be whenever i scroll over a link or program, i just get the old windows hand with index finger out, and it just gets really annoying.

Vlasta
on October 2nd 2010

There are 15 different cursors used in various situations. You can either change them one by one in the Mouse Control Panel, or you can install for example the Cursor Changer. Some of the sets in the gallery have a .crs file inside the package. Double-clicking it while having the tool installed should change multiple cursors at once.

Anonymous
on October 2nd 2010

Right, thanks!

Anonymous
on January 8th 2011

I feel like weeping, I so dense: I'm 65 and more or less clueless about computers. I'm an inventor and have always done my sketches on a drawing board, but I'd now like to try my PC. At the moment, I need a simple to-scale profile of a human male form, one where I can move arms and legs etc into different positions. For example, I need one in a sitting position, arms outstretched. I downloaded RW, which I seem to be able to use the basics of, but it would be great to drop in a complete profile sketch, so I don't need to fiddle about any more than needed.

If I've upset any of you by being so behind the times and thick, I do apologise, but I need help desperately.

Sooooo, if there's any kindhearted soul out there......

Regards,
Pierre.

Anonymous
on January 9th 2011

the index finger? I don't have trouble.

Anonymous
on January 10th 2011

I know it is annoying, Automaticly it changes my cursors I HATE it.

pcilliterate
on January 11th 2011

Ah. Clearly no kind hearted souls in the RealWorld. Never mind.

Pierre.

Vlasta
on January 11th 2011

Maybe, there is none. On the other hand, it is unclear what you want help with. Do you want someone to do all the work for you? Or just give you some hints? What tool are you trying to use, what results you expect? Also, replying to an unrelated topic is not a good idea...

JDDellGuy
on January 15th 2011

Perhaps Pierre is looking for something that does this. (kinda funny) A computer sketch of a person in which select points (In this case, elbows, knees, shoulders, etc.) can be moved and others will be affected by that movement and move accordingly.

However, it would be done with the computer. In this case, RW Software cannot help. It is a very "souped up" version of the Windows Paint program to put it simply.

To Pierre, simply put, for your case, it is better in my opinion, that if you wish to move your work to a computer, to get a digital tablet (Expensive) for drawing on. Basically it is the same as drawing on paper, except that your computer screen becomes the paper. The digital tablet would allow you to write on it with a special pen and the drawing would show up on the screen.

The only other option that I can think of, (Assuming that you are referring to trying to move points of motion as I talked about at first) is 3D animation software, or something else similar.(CAD perhaps?) This is very expensive however, and is difficult to learn to use on your own.

I would recommend sticking with the pen and paper for what you want to do. It's cheaper, and you are already comfortable with and used to using it.

Page views: 10657       Posts: 9      
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?
Vista & Win 7 icons