Cannot Save As at all - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Cannot Save As at all

CaptainIcy
on April 12th 2012

Hi! I must say I am impressed with this program. One of the only things around that can actually open a PhotoShop .psd file and retain all the layers and styles, etc.

Only one problem so far. I can't save as no matter what. I opened my PSD file I wanted to edit, edited it a bit, and tried to save it as a RealWorldPaint file. Tried it as a PSD file, tried a gif, jpg, png, etc.
I have UAC OFF, since I noticed that used to be a problem.

The error is this:

http://i.imgur.com/SyAK1.jpg

Can anyone help me? I really want to use this application but this is preventing me from doing that. :-(

Now of course, I CAN "save" the file and overwrite the current psd file I opened, but I need to be able to save it as a gif or jpg or png after I edit it. And I can only do that by going to "save as".

Vlasta
on April 13th 2012

I'll do my best to find the reason why it won't save, but I'll need more information. The error code indicates a wrong parameter being used somewhere. It would help if you could do some tests for me and report the results here. Basically, you should play with the application for some time and test if individual things work or not. For example if you create a new picture and attempt to save it as something - does it works or not? Or, is the problem connected to a concrete .psd file? Or, are there errors appearing elsewhere in the application? Knowing what works on your computer is as important as knowing what does not.

CaptainIcy
on April 13th 2012

Ah, of course. I've played around with it a bit and everything else seems to work. I also just created a new image and created multiple layers, layer styles, etc, saved as and it worked. Tried other formats too and they all worked.

Now I just tried saving as again, in my psd file… and it's working fine… hmm. Maybe it was just glitched?

EDIT: Well, it was working for a while. Now I can't even save a blank new image "as" as I could before. :/
Hmm……

Edit2: Well, it's off and on. Been working for a while now. I don't know, but thanks for trying to help, and if you are still researching the problem, then thanks even more. :-)

Vlasta
on April 13th 2012

Thanks for the information. As you are describing the problem, it seems like the "Save as" works until something happens and then it stops working and you need to restart the application, is that right? Or is it completely random? If you could find a repeatable sequence of steps that always leads to the error, it would help greatly in locating the problem.

Lost Girl
on April 13th 2012

Um, I think you might have a problem with your computer,rather than the RW designer program. Mind you, no program is completely foolproof, so Vlasta is the best man for this job.

Anonymous
on April 20th 2012

I bought the real world icon editor some time ago and have just recently begun to use it to develop my application icons. I cannot save any of them! The software hangs and freezes and I endup having to re-boot to get out of it.
Please help me fix this so I can stay on track with my project....

||||ROGUE||||
on April 20th 2012

Sorry, Wasn't logged in....

I bought the real world icon editor some time ago and have just recently begun to use it to develop my application icons. I cannot save any of them! The software hangs and freezes and I endup having to re-boot to get out of it.
Please help me fix this so I can stay on track with my project....

A.  I use a 64bit PC if it matters.
    B.  It has never been able to save.
Vlasta
on April 20th 2012

Replied to your email.

Page views: 10286       Posts: 8      
Select background
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...