Text - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Text

Tot
on May 20th 2013

Just Downloaded new version for me 2013 and the text editor box has disappeared and only able to use script box at the bottom - where is the text configuration box located ???

Vlasta
on May 20th 2013

You should still see the Tool properties panel (with Text tool config if it is the active tool) in the right pane if the Editing tab is selected. In 2013.1, it is the first panel right at the top.

Tot
on May 20th 2013

Hi Vlasta it does not appear on the right when i hit the A editing button - when i write text it only appears in the bottom of screen as in scripts - how can I turn it on so it appears on the right under editing. All that is showing there are objects, Tool Properties (pencil) and Fill ???

Vlasta
on May 20th 2013

If you are seeing Objects and Pencil at once, something is not right. Objects are only shown when you are editing a vector layer and Pencil should only be visible for raster layers. Are you using the installed or the portable version and have you downloaded it from this web?

If you have the portable version and you have previously had 2011.1 in the same folder, there may be some incompatible remains.

Tot
on May 20th 2013

Downloaded from Web as my 2011 got a an alert message when I tried to open it - so uninstalled and downloaded the new one form here http://www.rw-designer.com/image-editor - the object layer when opened has "current document type.Learn about lay" written in it and the pencil layer has 8 tools with in it

Vlasta
on May 20th 2013

That is definitely not right, the installation must have went wrong for some reason. Restarting the application may help; better reset the configuration (hold SHIFT and CTRL while starting it and then click Yes). (Also, using the portable version would definitely help, but let's use that as the last resort.)

Let me know if the resetting helped. If not, I'll post instructions for repairing the installation.

Tot
on May 20th 2013

Ok held SHIFT & CONTROL down still same result ??

Vlasta
on May 20th 2013

OK, let's try repairing it. First, please uninstall the application, then check that the files in the install location (usually C:\Program Files\RealWorld Paint) are really gone and eventually delete them. Then go to %APPDATA% folder (just type %APPDATA% into the folder box in a file manager) and continue to RealWorld\RWPaint subfolder (The final folder will be something like C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\RealWorld\RWPaint). Delete all Config.xxxx.x files and delete the PlugIns subfolder. Then install the application again. I hope that helps.

Tot
on May 20th 2013

Thank you in the %appdata% was 2011 realpaint folder but also an old 2011 RW Icon folder - thanks Vlasta seems to be working - awesome RW Paint is - thank you

Page views: 1611       Posts: 9      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background