Edit DPI? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Edit DPI?

How do I make it... pixelly?
Mikey Z
on November 13th 2013

I have some pixel art that I want to enlarge, but by changing the DPI instead of the usual way. Is there a way to do this? And while we're at it, is it possible to set a DPI less than 10/inch? I had... 5 DPI in mind.

Vlasta
on November 13th 2013

DPI is just a number that indicates how big are pixels supposed to be after printing them. Since I consider this number to be mostly useless as the printing plug-in allows users to set the physical dimensions of the printed image, there is no direct way to change DPI. (Though it is very easy to change it from a script.)

Though, it will not make an image pixelly ;-), you won't see the effect at all. What you probably want is to Resample the image using the "Nearest" method and a large zoom, is that right?

Anonymous
on November 14th 2013

I guess so, that works. It did make the image look the same but larger like what I wanted but I was going to do it the other way so it would be smaller datawise (Not having to map nearly as many pixels, get my drift?) It has the right look though, thanks!

Mikey Z
on November 14th 2013

Dang it, overly paranoid antivirus. Keep getting signed out :P That's me up there.

Page views: 2323       Posts: 4      
What about ICL files?
Select background
I wish there were...