Can't open old files - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Can't open old files

chains
on December 23rd 2013

I have both the old realworld paint and the new one but everytime I click to open old images, it claims that "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." It started occurring recently and in the past, I was able to open those files without a problem. Can some help?

Vlasta
on December 23rd 2013

Just to be sure... you have .rli files associated with RWPaint in Windows and you double-click the files in Explorer to open them and then this message appears?

The first thing I would do, is to open RWPaint (old or new) manually and then open the files from within it. If it works from there, maybe the associations needs to be refreshed. If it cannot be opened, you can grab the older and newer versions from here and replace the files. Maybe something went wrong with them. (Also, check for viruses, maybe the files got infected.)

chains
on December 23rd 2013

It worked after I downloaded a new one. Thanks. Now back to drawing.

Page views: 1006       Posts: 3      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background