Cursor Editor Palette & Side Toolbar - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Cursor Editor Palette & Side Toolbar

Sora
on January 28th 2014

I've been using the cursor editor for YEARS however I'm stuck on something, now that I'm using it on a new computer.
On my old computer (if it helps it is a windows 7 netbook) I have the side tool bar (which is on the right) all in one thing with a palette. Like I could just move/scroll the tools there up and down.
However on my new computer/one that I'm using now, the tools are in tabs and I cannot for the hope of it- find out how to put the palette in the side bar nor can I find out how to make it just one tab- not three. And if it helps I'm using a windows 8 all in one.

Vlasta
on January 28th 2014

The sidebar in the new version is different. If you really cannot live without the old arrangement, you can always grab one of the older versions from here. They should work on Windows 8 without problems.

The sidebar was changed, because many people had problems with the old one. It was a bit overcrowded on smaller displays and some people did not figure out that it can be dragged up and down. Hence the tabbed design. The color palette is temporarily out, because in some cases, it does not fit in conceptually. When you are for example drawing a rectangle filled with gradient, the old color palette window would not make sense, because a color gradient uses more than 1 color. It may return in the future, but it will be a more general thing covering favorite fill-styles, not just favorite colors. The current color picker should be able to meet your needs. It has a separate hue selector - the circle - and you can then select more or less saturated or bright variations using the popup button or using the arrow keys.

Sora
on January 30th 2014

Ah, thanks for the reply and explanation. Do I uninstall the current version before installing a previous?

Vlasta
on January 30th 2014

Yes, you must manually uninstall when you want to use an earlier version. Or you can grab the portable edition and unzip it into a different folder - you may then use them simultaneously.

Page views: 1126       Posts: 4      
Select background
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...