any 100%-transparent color becomes transparent black when select - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

any 100%-transparent color becomes transparent black when select

___xed___
on June 10th 2015

When I open an image with pixels colored ###,###,###,000 , they show up in a darker-transparent tone of the base color, but as soon as I select them they become 0,0,0,0 and display as fully transparent. I suppose the initial effect is intended, but should the colors automatically change?

I'd like an option to control how to handle non-black 100%-transparent pixels.

Vlasta
on June 10th 2015

Yes, the different look of completely transparent (but not black) pixels is intentional and can be turned on and off by right-clicking on the canvas and and selecting Window painting->Show invalid pixels command.

The reason why it is there is the cursor editor. Some (mostly) old cursors use this to indicate pixels that should be inverted. This is the only reason why it is supported in some selected cases.

In other situations, the meaning of fully transparent non-black pixels is awkward. There are problems with it. Because it is impossible to properly blend, it disappears and is converted to standard black-transparent here and there.

___xed___
on June 11th 2015

Okay. Great.

___xed___
on June 12th 2015

I just posted a script to do the job

Vlasta
on June 12th 2015

Great, thanks.

Page views: 2710       Posts: 5      
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?