Flickering Cursor - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Flickering Cursor

Solution
nishamathur
on February 21st 2018

What is the fix for the flickering cursor? Can anybody help? Really appreciate.

Nikentomolog
on July 19th 2018

Have you made any animations? IF so, you just have to delete them.

Anonymous
on November 7th 2018

I know what they are talking about. i just tested it and it is making a copy of one frame and adding it into the same frame but it is not really there so I can not fix it

nibbler
on December 14th 2018

I get confused on this one. Maybe it is one of these solutions?

Possible Causes and Remedies

If it is an animated cursor, delete the blank frames.

If it has a specific hotspot and is an animated cursor, go fix the hotspot.

If you're using it, then you are probably having a glitch on your computer. Try rebooting your computer, and:

• If your cursors are in C:\Windows\Cursors\, that's fine.
  • Otherwise, re-set your cursors.

https://mikogo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200453333-My-mouse-cursor-is-moving-rapidly-and-blinking
If it is due to hardware acceleration, turn it off.

If you have two or more monitors, then your cursor is blinking, probably because you have a program like a web browser or PowerPoint in full screen mode on only one monitor. This might happen on Windows 10, if you have it.

Possible Cause and Remedies from Techwalla

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/why-is-my-cursor-flickering

That can be a cursor blink rate that happens on your keyboard. Try this:

• Go to the Control Panel and find Keyboard Properties.
  • Find the cursor blink rate slider in the window and turn it down.

If it is your mouse and keyboard drivers that cause it, check the driver versions you have installed for your hardware and make sure they are the most recent versions.

Wireless mice or keyboards can have USB conflicts that may make the cause. If you are using wireless products, your cursor may flicker erratically when the batteries in the mouse and/or keyboard are low.

Video driver problems can manifest in many ways, one of which is this cause. Check to make sure you have the latest version of the video card drivers needed for your hardware and operating system.

This cause can be made from issues related to CSS coding or scripts that run within the browser. Try visiting a website that does not run CSS or scripts to see if the problem goes away.

Anti-virus software can also interfere with the driver software and cause the cursor to flicker. Check the manufacturer's website for info about product issues and troubleshooting.

If your computer is busy with many programs running or is actively saving files to the hard drive or reading a CD or DVD, the cause may happen temporarily while the system is active.

I hope one or more of the remedies help(s)!
icon-14469

Anonymous
on March 16th 2020

If you're using it, then you are probably having a glitch on your computer. Try rebooting your computer, and:

Page views: 2397       Posts: 5      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...