RWIE Can I disable antialiasing? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RWIE Can I disable antialiasing?

in line tool for example
kunkel321
on September 20th 2020

Hi Vlasta, I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. I am doing some pixel-level work in RWIE. I'd like the Line Tool to make crisp lines without the antialiasing "shadows." Is it possible to disable antialiasing?

Vlazteron
on September 21st 2020

Yeah, had the same problem. But you can do that on RWCE!

If you want to make pixel art on a cursor, then I'd recommend changing the canvas size to 24-bit (truecolor) it doesn't support antialiasing. Don't worry if it appears on the line design, it wont display on the cursor.

kunkel321
on September 21st 2020

Thanks for the suggestion -- Clever idea! I'm actually doing icons rather than cursors, but I think 24 bit should still work fine.

Vlazteron
on September 22nd 2020

I see you are a user from 2011. That's impressive! Most of the veteran users left this website. sadly

Maybe you could make a set?

kunkel321
on September 25th 2020

Yea, I also still need to make my avatar -- LOL. I do have several miscellaneous icons that might be worth sharing.... I dunno.

Vlazteron
on September 25th 2020

I really think they're worth sharing. Almost a decade and you haven't uploaded anything yet.

kunkel321
on September 26th 2020

Yea, okay. Fair enough. I'm guessing that I start with "Create new icon library" yes? Probably save them as an .ICL and then figure out how to get them on the rw site?

Vlazteron
on September 26th 2020

Yep, but maybe you should draw an icon. Or make a Unicorn3D model.

kunkel321
on September 26th 2020

Here we go!
http://www.rw-designer.com/make-icon/gradient-folder
I thought I had made a "Build your own" set... Just had to find it. It's not great...

Also though I have several hand-made (by me) individual icons, that I'll post. I'm a little embarrassed that I haven't used RWIE as much as you might think. Over the years I've mostly used DrawPlus. It's a nice vector tool, but is abandonware now. I've gone all "gung ho" with RWIE a few times, but I get overwhelmed and frustrated and go back to the one I already know. So I've done prbably hundreds of different icons over the years, but most were never refined at the "pixel level" they are just hi rez vector images that got shrunk. In the last year or so, I've been going in and editing the low rez components. I'll share those ones. THere are a dozen or so.

Vlazteron
on September 26th 2020

Woah, woah, woah. I never thought you made an Icon Assembler in the past. It's very nice! I wonder how you made one.

Don't feel embarassed, everyone tries their best!

rev3626
on September 26th 2020

Just found this forum because I was bored. LOL!

Good luck making your own Icon as an Avatar Image!

btw, nice icon assembler!

kunkel321
on September 26th 2020

I didn't actually make the assembler... Just the image components, which I sent to Vlasta and he made the assembler.

I recall seeing directions that VLasta posted somewhere for how to make yourself an avatar using RW Paint.

4 replies were left out.

Vlazteron
on September 26th 2020

Just gave 5 stars to your set. I love it, superb. :-)

kunkel321
on September 26th 2020

Hey thanks!

Vlazteron
on September 26th 2020

This actually looks more like a chat. LOL!

kunkel321
on September 27th 2020

I found the answer to the original question... When working on a raster layer, on the same toolbar as the line tool and pencil button are two buttons near the right side: The diagonal line = "Smoothing" and antialiasing is used. If you choose the diagonal line with three little dots, it = "No smoothing." This turns off antialiasing and makes jagged lines. These commands work with Pencil and Line, but not with Brush.

Vlazteron
on September 27th 2020

Just forgot that! Anyways, I thought you were only able to do that on RW Paint.

kunkel321
on September 29th 2020

I think RWIE might contain all of functionality of the Paint program.

Player1
on September 10th 2021

hello? what is this

Player1
on September 10th 2021

where am i

Player1
on September 10th 2021

who are you pepole

Player1
on September 10th 2021

ima just come back tommorow morning