So I got this weird email about the"rw-designer" domain... - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

So I got this weird email about the"rw-designer" domain...

Please read, it's kinda important...
Animelove_1105
on December 9th 2022

Hello everyone.

So recently, I found this email in my inbox. It was from this Chinese web domain or something. They wanted to buy the "rw-designer" domain i guess. The email said the following:

(If you are NOT CEO, please kindly forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please ignore it. Thanks)
Dear CEO,
This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration in Shanghai, China. We received an application from Hongjia Ltd on December 9, 2022. They want to register "rw-designer" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names (rw-designer.cn, rw-designer.com.cn, rw-designer.net.cn, rw-designer.org.cn). But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is your business partner in China?

Best Regards
Frank Liu | Service & Operations Manager

I wanted to bring this up for a few reasons. First off, I want advice about what to do about this (yeah, I should mark the mail as spam or something...), and I also wanted to bring this up to Vlatsa too. Also, did any of you guys receive a similar email too?

Thanks
- Animelove_1105

eeveelover64
on December 9th 2022

i don't think so, maybe its only happened to those who've shown their email publicly? or specific ones? (doubt it, but could be a possibility)

Account not found
on December 9th 2022

Don't respond to these strange emails, because they could be scams

Animelove_1105
on December 9th 2022

Thanks for the advice guys. I messaged Vlasta about it and they said that they just wanted to sell Chinese versions of the web domain. Anyway, I’m going to make my email private for now. Thx guys. :-)

Page views: 559       Posts: 4      
Vista & Win 7 icons
I wish there were...
Select background